Sunday, January 10, 2016

Celebrate!

It seems like every year I have the same resolutions, to study The Word, spend more time in prayer and keep up with my blog. And every year, I get the chance to start over again. So, here we go with a fitting message for the new year...

I was on my way to a women's leadership meeting Saturday morning when I drove by this house that grabbed my attention. I thought of the irony of the scene and I was thankful I had a few extra minutes because I turned around and went back to take a picture...

Do you see what I saw?
This picture thrills me because of what it represents in my life and perhaps in yours as well. The house is under construction. HOWEVER, they still decorated it for Christmas! It didn't matter that the house wasn't complete and in a more presentable state. They still decorated it and joined in The Celebration.

I want to join in the celebration of what God is doing in my life, even though I am so incomplete. My prayer is that this year I would not focus so much on presenting a perfect, polished temple of the Lord's, but that I would seek to have a pure heart that follows hard after Him and celebrates His grace in my life, and I, in turn, would celebrate the Amazing Grace in those who are walking this journey with me. Oh, won't you join me in this Celebration?

Psalm 24:3-5New International Version (NIV)
Who may ascend the mountain of the Lord?
    Who may stand in his holy place?
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart,
    who does not trust in an idol
    or swear by a false god.
They will receive blessing from the Lord
    and vindication from God their Savior


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Looking forward to this year and seeing what God has for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great thought/reminder for the New Year...and all year long!

    ReplyDelete