Thursday, May 16, 2013

Wherever He Leads

A few weeks ago I was invited to attend a women's conference at Word of Life Inn in upstate NY. I am normally a very geographically gifted person, however, maybe due to the excitement of spending the weekend with my dear friend and mentor, Cynthia, I didn't even look at a map to see where the Inn was located. I booked a flight into Albany and trusted the conference coordinator, Amy, to get us to our destination from there.
Throughout the weekend, we would ask ladies where they were from and they would say places like Vermont or Bangor, Maine, or Poughkeepsie. I was a little frustrated that I didn't exactly know where these areas were in relation to where I was. At one point I told Cynthia that we needed to go back to our room and find a map of where we were.
When I returned home and looked up Schroon Lake on a map, I was shocked. The whole time I was in NY, I had no idea where I really was. I thought we were up in the northwest part of the state. Come to find out, we had been straight north of the City, apx 4 hours. I felt so dumb.
I thought of other trips I'd been on and how secure I felt knowing where I was going.
God has been taking me on many trips lately. I'm learning to trust Him when I don't know where the road is leading or what's ahead on the journey.
I'm keeping my hand in His and walking the path He chooses. I'm asking Him which direction to walk and I'm finding security in knowing that He will lead me in the right direction, even if I don't know where I am.

This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.~ Jeremiah 6.16

No comments:

Post a Comment